Bleu Cheese Cookies
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled bleu cheese
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With mixer on medium speed, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add cayenne, bleu cheese, flour, rice cereal, and bacon (if using) and beat on medium-low speed until well blended. The dough will be stiff.
3. Roll 1 tablespoon portions into balls and place slightly apart on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork.
4. Bake until cookies are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 4 dozen cookies.